Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Sometimes we just brave the heat

And I use the term "we" very loosely, in this case meaning the rest of my family.

After all, I am still in hybernation mode...until October.

Luckily for the kids, there's a new skate park very close to our neighborhood.

Unluckily for the kids, it's really busy early in the day on the weekends.

Luckily? Unluckily? for the kids, there's little traffic there in the middle (read, HOTTTTTTest) part of the day.

When it's 107 outside, this concrete park warms up to 130ish. Emphasis on the "ish." They were all enthusiastic troopers though and hung on through the heat.


Oh, these photos just don't properly represent the level of heat they endured.

I think this gives a better visual of the heat index.




And the color of their faces when they got home.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I want to say, "that looks so fun! but am really thinking, "WHY would you do this??" ;)

Angela said...

I'm thinking- any time now- I'll be coming to your blog and seeing pictures of GLORIOUS scenery and reading fun vacation stories. Right?.... Right????? Miss you!