Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Seven years...fuzzy toes and logic

Our youngest turned SEVEN...

...a week ago!

At least we celebrated (mostly) on his actual birthday.
He did finally get to open his last gift yesterday!
Around here, we like to stretch out our birthdays.
Makes 'em more special that way...or something!


Me: "Jimmer, Happy Birthday!! You're seven years old today!"

Jimmer: "Yes, I know. But how many days old am I?"
Me (scrambling for a calculator): "2,554"

Jimmer: "How many hours?"
Me: "61,296"

Jimmer: "Minutes?"
Me: "3,677,760"

Because a seven year old just wants to know that kind of stuff!

Pizza cakes Kathleen and Mary Kate made for him.

Later...while we were alone (other kids were at piano)

Jimmer to me (speaking softly): "Have you noticed that I'm growing hair on my big toes now?"

Me: "Really? May I see?"

Jimmer: (sticks out his foot to me)

Me: "Whoa! Does that mean you're getting to be a big boy?"

Jimmer: (big smile, proudly) "I have some on my thighs too!"


Then he came up with this logic only a seven year old has.

Jimmer: "Now that I'm seven, are you going to have another baby this year?"

Me: "Whuh?"

Jimmer: "When I was six, we had six people in our family. Now I'm seven and think we should have another baby to make it seven."

Me: "So, you think I should have another baby every year then?"

Jimmer (after doing a quick tally): "Maybe have one baby this year and then one every five years after that!"


Through the eyes and in the mind of a seven year old...

Happy Birthday, Chimpy Boy, Jimmer, Jimmy Jam, Little Buddy, Jimmy Changa, Jim Bop a Loo Bop!

We love you to pieces...and love your snuggles.

4 comments:

mrs boo radley said...

Yeah, Mom, when you gonna have another baby?! Huh?! Huh??

:)

I LOVE the part about the hair on his thighs...this kid is HILARIOUS!

And what in the world is that pepperoni made of? Cute cakes, BTW.

Deann said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Jimmer! Those pizza cakes look delicious!

It's really amazing what children think about (and verbalize), isn't it!?

L a u r a said...

mrs boo--fruit leather. Day-after Halloween candy came in handy! =)

Carly Jean Brannon said...

Cute post! and the pizza cakes are adorable!