Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools We (adults) Were

The Bananagrams even said so.


All us adults knew we were in trouble when we heard Kathleen's watch alarm (thanks, Mom!) go off at 5:30 AM followed by 16 small feet scurrying around the house for about an hour.

Here are a few of the numerous things we found.


We found all of our chairs at the wrong table.


We pulled this hungry guy out of a cereal box.


We had to slalom around these stairway obstacles.


This scene was waiting for us in the microwave.


Even our fridge magnets were not left untouched. (They're upside down now.)


This was their year--jokes on US! They even wrote out the list in Morse Code so us adults wouldn't find out. They did a great job.

My April Fool's joke didn't go over with much enthusiasm--just blank stares. Since I hadn't prepared anything silly like I did last year, I just told them that all of our preparations to go to the boat (applying sunscreen, preparing a picnic lunch, gathering swim suits and sandals, etc.) was just an April Fool's joke. We weren't really going on the boat. I'm so funny, aren't I? They didn't think so.

We did head out to the boat despite my lame joke.








The kids found a set of rusty keys, lots of shells, many rocks, and Jimmer even found some "lost string".

I found a warm, thick towel to keep me warm.

Joe found himself immersed in the lake!

3 comments:

mrs boo radley said...

Clever brood you have, my friend.

Deann said...

Harmless pranks... the best kind!

P.S. I love Bananagrams!

Renee said...

Your kids are funny to be playing jokes on yall. I can't even see my kids get up at 0530 to do that.