Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Yarn!

It all started when Jimmer got sick over the weekend. He never moved from the couch on the first day. By the second day he still wasn't eating but felt just enough better that he wanted something to do.


The girls and I taught him how to finger knit.


He liked this a lot...and made a long rope. (Orange is his favorite color.)


Mary Kate thought it looked like so much fun, that she had to join him.


Then Kathleen got in on the action. When all was said and done, we had an Irish flag-color-decorated chandelier...


...and some crocheted shamrocks.


Kathleen has made a bunch of these shamrocks in white, orange, and green. I guess she didn't think the chandelier looked Irish enough!

I'm now teaching the girls how to knit these little Easter eggs.


I found the easy pattern here. They fit over a hollow plastic Easter egg.


Who knows how many of these eggs will be decorating the chandelier after St. Patrick's Day!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Do darn [yarn] cute! :)

mrs boo radley said...

Love the chandelier!

Deann said...

I love all of it... the ropes, the shamrocks, and the Easter egg covers!

I am ashamed to say that I can't knit or crochet, but I have always wanted to learn. Any advice to get started?

Angela said...

Oh my goodness- your kids are so creative it's ridiculous. When are you coming to MN so they can teach my kids to knit and sew and all that cool stuff??!?!!?

carrhop said...

I'll have to show my knitters these little projects. Too cute!

Blessings!