Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Weekly Gift

I've become quite fond of Tuesday afternoons. At about 12:55 PM things get a bit calmer around here. The three older kids trot (sometimes run) down the street to piano lessons. I have a two hour gift of "alone time" every Tuesday afternoon with my little Jimmer (a.k.a. Chimpy Boy, Jim-bop-a-loo-bop, Jimmy, Changa--short for Chimpychanga).


Jimmer usually chooses something he'd like to do with me for those two hours when he is king of the house. Today he wanted me to watch him ride the Green Machine in the street.


I get lots of these smiles.

(Check out that front tooth that's just about ready to come out.)


Sometimes I just like to watch him play...


...and admire his little swirly cowlick


...and the scar above his right eye from where he had 12 stitches.

4 comments:

Angela said...

That last picture is priceless! I am so glad you get to have special 1 and 1 time with him. I really wish I had more 1 on 1 time with the kids. That's one of my goals for this year- to try to accommodate and plan for that better!

Kristin said...

You are fortunate to have a nice street to ride on. Our sidewalks in our neighborhood are really uneven and -- even though my older one rides his Big Wheel on them, anyway -- it isn't easy to ride anything on. Our actual street is pretty narrow and has lots of trees, so it's not easy to see cars. Are you in a cul-de-sac?

BTW...Jimmer and I are twins!!! We have the exact same scar over the same eye! I got bonked with a tennis racquet (by my best friend -- on accident!) when I was eight. What happened to Jimmer?

L a u r a said...

Kristin,

Oooh, a tennis racquet? Ouch.

Jimmer was 2 years old when he put a long box over his head. His head was sticking out of the top, and his arms were stuck inside--not able to break a fall. So, of course, he fell...and his forehead met the bottom metal rung of one of our counter stools. Of course, Joe was gone (picking up my mom at the airport), I had all the kids with me, and it was our twins' birthday the next day.

As of right now, our oldest boy is the only one who has never had stitches or staples! We've been to the E.R. plenty.

We live on a horseshoe-shaped street with cul-de-sac "corners" so it's pretty quiet and easy to let the kids ride in the street.

Renee said...

That's nice, I didn't know that you and Jimmer got alone time. Bubba and I get a little alone time on Tuesdays also, because is at tutoring.

I remember a lot of the accidents that your kids have been in.

We have been to the ER with both the kids, but nothing since we have been here.